The concept of home library has been around since the age of roman empire. During that age, home library was a must and every nobeled even if they could not read considered to have it in their homes. In modern time, libraries become an integral part of our residence. Perhaps the sum of books collected by someone can reach thousands so a special room is needed. The following are some creative ideas to make your home library more practical and impressive.
Desiging a Home Library
There are three requirements that you must consider before you design your home library, the considerations are : books, shelves, and space. To ease you in organizing your books you can use an existing room or build a new room with custom size. Create your design that represent your expectations and then work with the space.
1. Make yourself sure with your reason for displaying books. Make certain if you want a regular library with functionality or the ones with aesthetic value.
2. Look for designs both for interior and architecture by searching the web. There are a lot of blogs and websites that provide archives about personal libraries as well the photos. Some of the provided informations belong to famous people. You can also look for inspirations from books and other sources.
3. Take a look at the areas where you store the books. Look for areas that have solid floors and can withstand the burdens from the enormous amounts of books on the shelves and make sure that these areas are free from the formation of dust and not very humid.
4. Emphasize architectural aspects into the room. Some designers make their designs using architectures with renaissance, Victorian, and Spanish symmetry and lines style.
5. Apply several elements in your design. If you want to want multiple theme in a single home library then don’t be afraid to mix several elements to your design.
6. Make certain about the shelving. The space in your library room will look wider from the use of recessed shelving and that it looks very elegant. Professionals should consider using recessed shelving. Make your library room more spacious by applying standing shelves with different heights, colors, and materials. These free standing shelves can be purchased and be adjusted according to your needs. In addition to the standing shelves, you can consider using hanging shelves but they have to be placed with perfection across the lines on the wall. You must buy these shelves in bulk and install them carefully.
7. With any methods you can do, optimize the space of your library room. With any elements you may choose, they have to have good impact to whole appearance of your private home library. To anticipate the growing numbers of books then buy shelves with very high structures. You can benefit from these shelves because they give professional look to the room while at the same enhance functionality.
8. In order to obtain initial visualization of your personal home library, use color sketches and tools with preliminary design. With early planning your work will be guided and you will be freed from doing mistakes that may cost you more expenses.
Finally, you can see our 20 Amazing Home Library Design Pictures, enjoy.