Congratulations for any of you out there who managed to find a “walk in” closet design. Regardless of the size of the closet, you can still find it problematic and troublesome. Even in a closet with a generous space, there can be “stuff” that starting to pile up make your closet cluttered.
You can find some ways to make your walk in closet design that is user friendly below;
• Install small hooks for your shoe horn and lit brush to make them always available and ready to use anytime you need them. Use “S” shaped hooks for your wire shelving system and simply screw “L” shaped hooks into the cabinetry if you install a walk in closet organizer.
• Install wall mounted coat hooks for robes.
• Use open storage especially for the clothing items you frequently access like folded t-shirts and shoes.
• Get storage baskets to store small items like socks or underwear. The baskets would ease you in putting the clothing items and the baskets could look attractive. Thanks to the baskets, you do not need many drawer space. You can just roll up the pajamas and nightgowns before putting them in the storage baskets.
• Keep a small sewing kit and shirt buttons available, it would be useful anytime you need to do some repairs.
• Set up a ironing center. When you can find enough space to iron your clothes in the closet, you can at least store your ironing board instead. You can keep the ironing board and the iron out of the way and available at anytime you need it with a wall mounted storage unit. You might need to fill the iron with water, so you need to have a spray bottle and a container available.
• Keep a can of the spray static cling remover in the closet. Before you put the clothes on, you can spray them.
• Keep a small container of stain remover or the stain remover towelettes in the closet in order to treat the stains before the clothing items go into the laundry hamper.
• Clear a space just for hanging empty hangers. This will ease you to hang up the clothing also keep your closet tidy since there would be no empty hanger mixed in with the clothing. You can put the empty hanger separately after you take an item off it and you can easily find the empty hanger whenever you need it.
• Install a valet rod – A valet rod is a small closet rod that perpendicularly installs to the wall. It can be recessed and not be obtrusive when it is not in use because it usually telescopes out. The valet rod is meant for temporary use and it could be very useful to hang something like wet clothes, shirt, outfit etc.