Since re-upholstering your furniture is a long-term investment, it’s good to start with furniture with a good foundation. You should find the one that suits you best and you will not regret it as you will use it for a long time to come. We have collected some of the reasons customers give for reupholstering furniture over the years. You can find those reasons below and hopefully they can inspire you to find the right decision.
- It is the customers’ favorite sofa, chair, ottoman or some other piece of furniture.
- The existing piece has a certain sentimental value, so they don’t have the heart to throw it away.
- The faded or worn cover or perhaps it only needs some attention.
- The amazing comfort; some people some time find it hard to sleep and this existing piece of furniture like sofa or chair can help them to sleep easily.
- The good frame it has. Or it is heavy piece of furniture. It is still sturdy and has no wobbles or creaks.
If the cushion features a skirt, then removing the skirt would be an idea of reupholstering it. On the contrary, some customers may desire to have the skirt as the addition since their existing cushion as no skirt. We can say that customizing the piece of furniture could be a nice result of reupholstering furniture.
- The piece of furniture was initially purchased or custom-built for a specific place in the room.
- The piece of furniture is an antique and has an interesting history. They are planning to give it away to a special person. In recent years, our customers shared us some interesting history where they received phone calls from a museum as they wanted to make this antique their collection because its historical background.
- Many customers decided to reupholster a piece of furniture before giving it away to a child, grandchild or friend.
The reasons stated above that we have heard over the years are just a few of so many other reasons out there.